Dr. Sorkin's expertise and high quality restorations can give you a smile you will be proud to show off whether its for one or two teeth or a whole smile makeover.
Our cosmetic dental procedures include:
- Crowns and Bridges - Choice includes full porcelain fused to metal, ceramic or gold crown used for a dental restoration to replace broken or cracked tooth
- Cracked Tooth Syndrome
- Teeth Whitening
CROWNS AND BRIDGES
Crowns and bridges are used to restore and enhance teeth that are damaged, or to take the place of missing teeth. A crown, also referred to as a cap, is used to entirely cover a damaged tooth. A crown not only strengthens a tooth, but it can dramatically improve a tooth’s appearance, shape and alignment. Crowns may be used to:
- Replace a large filling when there is little tooth structure remaining.
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing.
- Restore a fractured tooth.
- Attach a bridge.
- Cover a dental implant.
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth.
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment.
A bridge is an ideal method to fill the space created by missing teeth. A bridge is one or more artificial teeth that are cemented into place using the teeth on either side for support, hence the name. This is an option for filling the space created by a missing tooth. A bridge replaces the missing tooth, both functionally and cosmetically. Bridgework is as much an art as it is an exact science. The materials used may be gold alloys, porcelain bonded to metal alloy, or all ceramic material made to match your natural tooth color. The choice of material depends on requirements for strength, wear, and/or esthetics.
It is important that a missing tooth be replaced as soon as possible for several reasons. If not treated the teeth surrounding the gap begin to shift inward. Since teeth use their neighbors for support, if one is missing they begin to “fall” and shift into the open spaces. This may worsens the bite due to changes in pressure and can eventually result in problems with the jaw such as TMJ. Bridges and crowns are made by first taking an impression of your mouth. The impression is sent to a dental lab where your crown or bridge will be custom made to fit your mouth and match your natural tooth color. A temporary crown or bridge will be placed into your mouth until your permanent crown or bridge is made. When the permanent crown or bridge is ready, it will be cemented into place.
Bridges and crowns are very durable and can last a lifetime with extra care and by practicing good oral hygiene.
Nitrous oxide, commonly known as laughing gas or happy gas is commonly used with oxygen for partial sedation. It is one of the most widely used anesthetics in dental applications.
If you want to improve your smile, dental veneers are a simple option. Veneers are thin coverings that are placed over the front (visible) part of the tooth. They look like natural teeth. Veneers can be used to correct a wide range of dental issues, such as:
- teeth that are stained and can’t be whitened by bleaching
- chipped or worn teeth
- crooked or misshapen teeth
- uneven spaces or a large gap between the upper front teeth
Veneers are made of either porcelain or composite resin material. Your dentist will help you choose the material that is best for you. Each type of veneer has its own benefits.
Dr. Sorkin will recommend a reliable local orthodontist.
If you have missing teeth, a removable partial denture is one way to replace them.
Partial dentures have several benefits. For one thing, they can make it easier for you to chew food. They can also help you speak better if your speech has changed due to missing teeth. Removable partial dentures can support cheeks and lips so the face does not sag and make you look older.
OPALESCENCE TEETH WHITENING - professional strength take home system using custom trays with a whitening gel.
Opalescence take-home whitening gel offers professional results in a customized whitening treatment you can do in the comfort of your own home. Available in a range of formulations and flavors, Opalescence take-home whitening gel is delivered via custom-made trays, further tailoring the treatment to your smile. Opalescence take-home whitening gel is available only through a licensed dental professional.
Professional results—in the comfort of your own home
Opalescence take-home whitening gel is perfect for people who want a lot of options. With four different concentrations and three flavors, you can wear Opalescence for as little as 30 minutes per day—or even overnight! Dispensed only by a licensed dental professional, Opalescence take-home whitening gel allows you to get professional whitening results at your convenience in a safe, effective, and customized way!
- Opalescence tooth whitening gel contains PF (potassium nitrate and fluoride). Potassium nitrate has been shown to help reduce sensitivity. Fluoride has been shown to help reduce cavities and strengthen enamel. Together, they help to improve the overall health of the teeth.1-5
- Formulated to prevent dehydration and shade relapse
- Four concentrations for treatment flexibility
- Three flavors: Mint, Melon, and Regular
- Day or night wear
- Braces - Dr. Sorkin will recommend orthodontic treatment if his patient needs and desires it. He refers them to a trusted local orthodontist.